Wednesday 9 February 2011

Troll Hunter (Film)




I’m not about to turn this blog into a film review site, but I saw one today that is definitely worth a mention.

I don’t intend to offer a review, all I really have in mind is to make people aware that it exists, because I was entirely ignorant of it until two days ago.

Troll Hunter is a Norwegian Language film that takes place in modern day Norway. It’s filmed in a faux documentary style, with a linear narrative. The story concerns a government conspiracy, which is hiding the existence of Trolls from the general public, this is stumbled upon by a group of film students when they encounter an aging, jaded, government employed, Troll Hunter.

I have a deep desire to see giants in films. And these Trolls are HUGE. The image above is not an exaggeration of what you’ll see on screen and there are plenty of them to look at. Combine that with above par special effects and a small but talented cast and you have a thoroughly enjoyable 100 minutes of cinema.


Mad Thinker Watches……..

The Troll Hunter.
You should too.

M.T.



No comments:

Post a Comment